Thursday 20 November 2014

The Naked Eye



I have always been a such a boring person when it came to make-up, my face consisted of foundation, eye liner and mascara. Blush, lipstick, and eyebrows never even entered my little brain, let alone eye shadow. It's really only in the last year I have started obsessing over all the different products and how they can transform my plain Jane face. My boyfriend bought me the Naked 3 pallet earlier this year and well...that was it really, It's been my holy grail every since.

In this divine autumn season I have been LOVING this look on my eyes. 1) Because It's simple 2) It's effective and 3) It takes no time what so ever. 





So my first tip would be to always start with your eye make-up, leave your foundation and concealer till after. This is so you can easily wipe away the fall down of the eye shadow, without ruining your flawless foundation. You can also use an eye primer to keep the shadow looking perfect all day, I recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion or Benefit Stay Don't Stray. 
After I applied my primer all over my eye lip, I moved on to filling in my eyebrows. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to my brows, they're dark and quite thick, so I didn't need to do much. I used Benefits Deep Charcoal eye shadow then brushed it through with an eyebrow brush. 
I then used the colour Liar from the Naked 3 Pallet and sweeped it over my lid using the flat side of the brush and then blended it out with the fluffy side. I also took Liar underneath my eye to add a bit of depth. After this I took the colour Trick and patted this over the top of Liar, I did this quite a few times as I wanted it very pigmented. 
Moving onto the eye liner, I used L'oreal Gel Intenza Eye liner in 01 Pure Black. It comes with an eye liner brush, which is so precise and helps to give great pay off. I took this close to my lash line and created a little wing at the end. I then put it on my waterline for a darker effect. 
Now for the Mascara, I adore this product, It's Benefit They're Real. I usually wiggle the brush around while moving it up my lashes, it helps to maximise and create volume. I then went on to put around 2 more coats to my lashes and applied it to the bottom, you don't have to do this step, not everyone is into the bottom lash mascara look.

You can then go onto doing the rest of your make-up!

My recommendations on the rest...
-Mac Match Master-
-Benefit dandelion blush-
-Any dark berry lipstick-

I hope you enjoy re-creating this look and you can find quite a lot of dupes for the products I've used. Find what's best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment